I'll accept removal of my land line when the seas freeze over!
1. Cell phones don't work in our house (aluminum siding == Faraday Cage).
2. We would have to pay by the minute for every call we get, including spam calls.
3. Cell phones need a good battery to work - low battery == unable to call 911 for emergencies.
I can count on one hand the number of times in my life (66 years) when I couldn't make a phone call with a normal land line. I can count on at least 3 hands the number of times I couldn't make a call in the past week or two on my cell phone (thanks AT&T)...
So, if these boneheads at the providing phone comapnys do the following, I may change my position.
1. Guarantee universal cell access EVERYWHERE! (Right...)
2. Don't charge time for incoming calls, EVER.
3. Provide a backup emergency power supply (portable) so we can use our phones for emergency calls when the phone battery is dead.
4. Guarantee that #1 is available 24x365 with a SLA of 6+ sigma (99.9999+) percent of the time.
Until then, screw those money grubbing b'tards!
Quark! Quark! Beware the quantum duck!