I've read a recent statistic that has said that of the 500m Facebook users, 100m visit via the iPhone. So 2% of web views depends entirely on the sites you count, and whether those sites actually make money from their web presence.
It's rubbishing Steve Jobs, why would you want to do that?
A few things you might want to know about Silverlight 4 before assuming the new shiney toy is the better one:
- Drop down boxes have no keyboard support (press U in a country list does nothing, you have to do it manually)
- Right click menus don't exist unless you make the control windowless
- You won't have Silverlight 4 installed on a fresh Windows 7 machine
- The scroll container control (ScrollViewer) has no inbuilt support for tabbing between controls or mousewheel support
- Unlike CSS there is no styling inheritence besides per-control styling, it's equivalent of having #ids for everything
- Visual Studio 2010 support is extremely crash-prone
- The MSDN documentation is poor to say the least
- It only works on one browser on the Mac
On the plus side
- It doesn't crash your Mac
- The parts they haven't butchered from WPF give you some very nice layout and animation features
- You get a strongly typed language
- You get a mostly awesome IDE to use it. And also Blend.
- It's not Adobe
It's actually worse than that. It's $99 per year, plus $99 per application.
But the first 5 application submissions are free. After that you pay which arguably keeps their appstore free of complete rubbish like the iPhone appstore has become.
Who would've predicted 20 years ago that a Conservative government is now more liberal than a labour one. What did labour bring the UK in respect to civil liberties?
- Huge amounts of CCTV - one estimate claims the it's the highest in the world
- Useless passports that don't work in most airports
- An illegal war or two
- Sponging off the state is more attractive than working
I voted labour in 1997 and was fairly anti-conservative back then. Since that time something happened to the party (Tony Blair) that has completely transformed them in my view.
After the last of 16 mounting screws has been removed from an access cover, it will be discovered that the wrong access cover has been removed.