Eero manages your equipment from their remote servers (i.e. the cloud) and therefore your network is no longer secure nor private. A 3rd party, remote managed device is too high of a risk for me to accept the convenience of mesh network.
FAQs for Eero states that it collects "[O]ther data such as MAC addresses, IP addresses, and types of connected devices", which in my opinion is a lot of information to know about a customer.
As examples, cloud managed means the 3rd party company has unrestricted access to:
- - Complete inventory of all devices connected via wired or wireless connection.
- - Uptime and downtime of all devices in the home.
- - Travelling of devices/customers amongst any Eero enabled residences.
- - Position of all devices within the home.
- - SSID and access credentials.
Plume is another vendor that manages devices in the same insecure way.