Wiki Weapon + 3D Printer
... Uhh, durr, how would you like it if your neighbor just built a tall treehouse in his yard and stared at your house all day! These treehouses have to be regulated!
Not quite a proper analogy. There is a natural restriction on the number of neighbours you have, which reduces the risk of somebody watching you and makes it difficult for non-neighbours to peep into your garden. With drones you can do your peeping from a public road or maybe even from home. The laws in many (most?) countries make it illegal for people to look into your property and outlaws publication of pictures of your property and people there taken without your consent. If a neighbour invades your privacy and you see it, you know who to pursue, whereas a drone could be impossible to trace.
Think about the consequences if drones become ubiquitous, cheap and long range: Lindsay Lohan (replace name with any suitable celebrity) would not be able to get a tan in her back yard with the drones flitting around and covering the sun.
For a number of reasons, my next "laptop" will be a 10-inch-ish tablet with high density display:
* It is easier to transport.
* It is lighter.
* It is better suited to read E-books on (and I have quite a few I would like to read in PDF format, like Linux Journal).
* It can be used to watch videos on.
* It can be used for VoIP (SIP, Skype, you-name-it,
* It can be used for E-mail.
* It can be used for smaller, business-related jobs like editing a document or creating a spreadsheet.
* It will be able to hold about a week's worth of multimedia consumption (i.e. videos, music and books).
* It will hopefully have a very long battery life. (12+ hours would be ideal!)
So, in order of preference:
* Better battery life.
* Higher density display.
* High capacity storage.
* Sunlight-readable display.
For the occasions where I need a keyboard, a good quality, lightweight Bluetooth keyboard would suffice and I could live with the point and tap interface.
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself.