a long time ago and in a long ago universe....
Compuserv. The thing of the future (well, this was in 1984-5 or thereabouts) !
So I tried it.
The line was too long for my Vic20 (seriously. ok, so it's a real nerd thing...). I tried to adjust the line length. Most of what I did was 'unhelpful'. Finally I found commands that actually DID set the line length.
As I remember it, it changed the INPUT line limit as well. I couldn't type enough in (and see it, anyway) to do anything but disconnect.
To my sorrow, the setting was persistent....
Ok, well, to me- the change to the input line was a bug. *Allowing* the user to set their input line limit to A N Y T H I N G below a sane number is a bug.
And I want my money back from the hourly charge spent trying to FIX it!
well, in another world perhaps... LOL