- Only device you can get a touchscreen/active stylus with is an overpriced boutique internet appliance.
- Only hardware innovation in years is a goofy touch bar.
- Only major changes in hardware is to make things slightly thinner and remove any aspect of user upgrade/serviceability. Can't even swap SSD or upgrade RAM in PRO models.
- OSX is becoming increasingly locked down. Even installing something like TotalTerminal has become a pain in the ass.
- Increasing efforts to force everyone through a silly app store on desktop systems.
If Apple truly gave a shit about the OSX ecosystem they would either license it to other PC manufacturers or open source it. The mac division is slowly committing suicide. I would love something like an MS Surface with a better keyboard and OSX. They also need to bring back a mid-range tower with slots. The iMac is just not the end-all be-all of desktop machines and is far from affordable. The Mac Pro has even been left to rot.
There is just nothing appealing for the creatives/power users/engineers that evangelized for and made the platform great. It's just overpriced locked down Wintel trash that is disposable these days. I'm not paying $1,500+ for a disposable computer.