What Would Jobs Do
Posting your Make and exact Model may prompt us for more suggestions.
If re-installing is Not an option.
Back up data you want to save, then follow the exact order below.
1. Create a new admin user account.
2. Log into that new account and delete any other user accounts (do not delete the hidden admin or guest accounts)
3. Uninstall any software you don't want to pass on. then search the hard drive for those names of software and remove any folders left behind.
4. Delete any folders on the C drive that may have been created manually by the user.
5. Do a IE7-8 reset, then delete browsing history (select all the boxes)
6. Use index.dat suite to delete any
See this link for instructions using index.dat suite on Vista or W7 http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Products&act=FAQ&p=index.datsuite#193
Or use a linux live disc to delete all the
7. At the command prompt type these 3 commands one at a time hitting enter each time, the erase tmp command may take time to complete.
8 . Empty the Recycle Bin
9 . Use eraser version 5.8.8 to erase the free space on the hard drive, install eraser, then right click on the C drive and select "erase unused space". (it may take quite some time if the hard drive is large) http://sourceforge.net/projects/eraser/files/
I wouldn't mind GMO's if they did something useful like put Viagra in my corn or wheat grains.
TSA:Innocent of what?
Main reason is I paid for it and I don't like to give up on it, it serves my purpose on a few of my PC's and if I upgrade it makes it appear that I rented XP, and renting sucks for so many reasons.
Yes you can expect hard drives to become total crap, no incentive to release firmware updates either.
1 year is the lowest common denominator, expect their design and engineering to take the same route. No reason to make a better product now.
Seagate is known for making their warranty claim web page to become inoperable for days on end, making it impossible to file a warranty claim, hoping you will give up. Jerks!
This really sucks, next MS will remove the win32 environment from Windows 9
Watch out for the Tanks!
Fantastic, one more activeX control I can delete from my PC.
As in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know its true name. -- Ken Thompson and Dennis M. Ritchie