It seems people underestimated the extent to which 0 confirmations can be trusted and the article suggests what options merchants and payment processors have to deal with the issue and at the same time avoid friction at checkout.
The way it is implemented is such that if the server gets fully compromised and gives bad data or if the server disappears you are still fully protected with the tool https://greenaddress.github.io... , which is quite an amazing feat IMHO and it could be further improved (hardware client wallet).
Please do. We don't need people that drags us back!
Not to mention the fact that building will be much faster (linking).
Exactly, the issue is only with floating point math.
The joke doesn't add up.
Sure, but it also means that they don't pay anymore taxes nor insurance.
And if they are on their pension, I understand that the family will inherit it.
That is bullshit for one simple reason.
If that was the case, all financial decision will be predictable - and therefore there wouldn't be a market.
Most decision are still done emotionally.
Or like Win me again ?
Yeah sure, never heard of JIT?
As I heard sometimes in the last two days, the 1990 called and wants its benchmarks back
Well, I don't think it should be a software company.
I think that companies like Toshiba, Asus, Sony, Acer and what not should pick one of the most popular distro from distro-watch.
Say the first 3 or 5.
And all they need to do is support they're on device and maybe get Canonical or $OTHER_COMPANY_NAME to do it for them for a fee.
Basically it went like this:
1) Windows advanced user. Very frustrated.
2) Trying installing every other distro. Got Mandrake to sort of work but every time I would fuck something up and have to reinstall - just like windows. This not because I played too much with it but because I was trying to get to work some hardware or software that I was using in windows
3) Go to uni, see that my java professor used a mac and therefore if he's a programmer and uses a mac I can do it too.
4) Fall in love with mac, buy iBook -it works, it's great - bash/posix, pretty, good OS - buy new macbook to replace iBook, then buy various iPods (mini and then nano) airport express (remote speaker anyone?) and apple tv.
5) realize that remote speaker my ass, only via iTunes (perhaps quicktime too, not too sure)
6) hack to apple tv to watch divx and mount nfs drives.
7) get really pistoff when they REMOVED nfs and afs support from it and the mare fact I can't use my linux deskop as a source of anything (picture, music) - somethings not even hacking
8) fall in love with iPhonev.2 hardware and like the software but can't accept the IMPOSED limitations such as bt, filetransfer, basically angry that I have to jailbreak it (and therefore lose warranty) to get it to work like I like.
9) In the mean time Linux on the desktop become accessible (see ubuntu), I got just better on unix, config files as I started doing software development professionally.
11) Profit - back to Linux, and I hate how much I have to fight to get apple gadgets to work so skipping them.
Who had the insane idea to mod this up?
We don't want linux confined to an elite.
Your computer account is overdrawn. Please see Big Brother.