Over on my blog, I have a request for applications in the following areas: (yes, I'm also googling for these, searching Sourceforge, etc., but if anyone has recommendations I'm interesting in hearing them)
- Software to display and/or change the 'invisible' settings on a Linux system.
- Software to install and manage packages (any distribution; I know about rpm, dpkg, yum, apt, kpackage, emerge).
- Software to select background music/radio/tv to be played while using other software.
- Software for using software development hosting software (especially Sourceforge, Savannah, etc. but development-specific software for using regular websites is good to, and yes I know about Sourceforge/Savannah's web interface).
- Software (geared toward end-users) for reading and posting to blogs (yes, I know about Blogger's web UI).
Note that these requests are disparate precisely because, although I'm interested in all these areas, I'm not particularly leaning towards any of them; instead, my goal is to `sell' Linux developers on a set of desktop software framework libraries I'm developing. So, proprietary software or non-Unix software is not terribly helpful for my purposes.
If you're really interested, you might want to check my blog periodicaly for updates on my search.