- Standard ask Slashdot question: I'm trying to do (task), but I don't want to expend any money or resources. Can somebody recommend some open source software? Search the forums like the rest of us.
- No matter what the story or context, Google && Apple == Good, Microsoft == Evil
- BSOD references in any Microsoft story. Come on, it's been a while since Windows 98, right?
- Purely semantic arguments. Example: if you mention the open source business model, people jump all over you saying that open source is a development model, not a business model. Can we all agree that there is a business model that has developed around the open source development model? So why can't we call it what it is?
- First post. Need I say more?
- IANAL. I don't know why this bugs me. It probably shouldn't, but it does.
- People who have nothing to say, but still want people to listen to them.
OK don't get me wrong. I still love this site. I'm just airing some dirty laundry because I'm in a surly mood, I guess. Hooray!!!