or drag some cans behind a car
There are legit use for 8k video signals, but IMHO mostly on technical/niche fields. E.g. CCTV, drone camera will benefit greatly from higher resolution. Instead of having to pan/tilt/zoom, the camera can record the entire scene at once while still resolve enough interesting details. The end user just digitally magnify whatever part of scene to fill his screen if his screen is too small. Same technique can be use for zooming into say the goalie of a soccer game as the end viewer please.
I doubt layman would want to constantly zooming in/out all the time while watching soap opera though.
1) Layman know fuck all about importance of open standard, they just care about ability to show the latest titty emoticon on their message.
2) We nerd know why proprietary standard suck ass, but all our friend, family, colleague use that titty_emoticon_IM.
We sigh and painfully migrate all our contact from old IRC/ICQ/MSN/whatever to that titty_emoticon_IM.
3) 5 years later, next gen kids think titty_emoticon_IM are for grannies, and penis_emoticon_IM rulz. Go back to step (1)
Thats why we can never have good thing.
These days everyone typing on their touchscreen phone rely on autocorrect. You are lucky it didn't got *corrected* to ASSMOVE.
>Iceland isn't the only place this can be done, anywhere along the pacific coast would be viable since those are all volcanic areas.
No. TFS stated that it need mafic rock(basalt) to sequester CO2. Mafic lava occurs in hotspot volcano and mid ocean ridge.
Common volcano spew felsic lava. They are acidic and won't work for this purpose.
I will try to help the grandparent explain why money alone won't solve the aforementioned.
1) In 3rd world country the government is so corrupted, your donation/materials will just end up being profits of politicians/warlords. Africa is great example of this.
In order for your money to get useful things done, you will need governance/overseeing power in a lot of local issue. And without military/police force you can't govern anything.
TLDR, you need British colonial style ruling if you actually want to help those locals. Any meaningful changes will takes decades to happens also.
2) Money itself is actually worthless, its the material it can purchase that is meaningful. In many case the problem is so big and requires so much material that no one in world can supply. To solve those issue you have to create the whole supply chain form scratch. Again it is governance/management issue.
Any GUI browser that is feature comparable to the FF/Chrome that does not support _video_ tag? Or at least be able to disable that all together?
Given the state of advertisement these days NOT SUPPORTING _video_ might actually be a selling point.
My wikipedia account is very old and I edit semi regularly too. I have my contribution revert by "asshat editor" before, but this doesn't discourage me from further editing.
Reason is I see a wiki article as a living thing and evolve over time. Something that might be accurate by the time I contribute might be outdated and removed later. I have no commitment to maintain a article forever, and if someone else maintains it, that's actually a good thing.
Remove/revert/warnings? No butt hurt. I just ignore them and move on. What's important is I contribute what afaik is correct at that time being, and that's helped other people.
While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.