UAC warns about almost everything.
from wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Tasks that will trigger a UAC prompt, if UAC is enabled, include:.
* Changes to files in %SystemRoot% or %ProgramFiles%
* Installing and uninstalling applications
* Installing device drivers
* Installing ActiveX controls
* Installing Windows Updates
* Changing settings for Windows Firewall
* Changing UAC settings
* Configuring Windows Update
* Adding or removing user accounts
* Changing a user's account type
* Configuring Parental Controls
* Running Task Scheduler
* Restoring backed-up system files
* Viewing or changing another user's folders and files
I don't need a warning when I'm installing an application. I know that I'm installing an application.
However, I may need a warning that the file that I am opening has a script in in that could be a virus.
Oh, and by the way, have you ever heard of a malicious device driver?