Filed under: Cellphones
digg_url = 'http://digg.com/apple/iUnlock_released_the_first_free_open_source_iPhone_SIM_unlock_software';It looks like the battle's officially over between iPhoneSIMfree and the numerous unique groups of open source hackers trying to software SIM unlock the iPhone. As we've been following in our previous post on the topic, earlier this afternoon iUnlock
, the first free, open source iPhone SIM unlock app, was released to the underground just 74 days after the iPhone's release. Developed by the iPhone Dev Team, it's not for the faint of heart and it takes a little longer than iPhoneSIMfree's method, but it works. Developing... Quick and dirty guide to getting iUnlock running
First, you'll need iUnlock + nor + the
.fls file, which is available in ZIPs all over. We've got the app here
, but it doesn't have all the files necessary. Good list of links here
, or try here
, and here
. This is still developing, but apparently you:
- Make sure you have firmware v1.0.2
- Drop those three files on your iPhone (and possibly chmod 555 iUnlock)
- Stop the comm center (launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist)
- Run ./iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor
- Watch your iPhone get unlocked?? (About 20 minutes, supposedly)
- Minicom into the tty.baseband
setup modem as /dev/tty.baseband
AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
(If you cant write in the minicom, start commcenter again and stop it again)
- Run /bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
- AGAIN: we CANNOT confirm this is the correct method to use iUnlock! Just what we've gleaned from the internets, do not consider this a guide.
Zero guarantees, people! Big ups to the iphone.unlock crew, Draken (who let us know our instructions should be workable at this point), and, of course, the iPhone Dev Team. Just don't whine to us if your iPhone gets bricked. Let us know in comments if it works for you!
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Office Depot Featured Gadget: Xbox 360 Platinum System Packs the power to bring games to life!