There is a extra 'v' in the link. The real link is https://lists.debian.org/debia...
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." (Hanlon's razor)
People who will see that screen _already_ have bought an original DVD...
This is my list of issues I had installing Karmik Koala from scratch:
- First time I ran the installer, kernel panic (keyboard leds blinking)
- Totem said I didn't have the codecs to see DVD, but it didn't suggest me to install them nor gave me any info about which codec I needed. Automatic DVD reproduction shows a weird "not handle for URI" error.
- Empathy crashes alot. It doesn't have MSN emoticons, can't sent file drag'n'dropping like Pidgin.
- I hated that non-skinnable GDM from Fedora, now Ubuntu uses it
- I created a second admin account, I cannot log in with it, crashes with "Could not update ICEautority", and a bunch of other messages, showing only the wallpaper and the mouse pointer.
I've just reinstall 9.04, and I keep installing that version until 10.04 shows the light, hopping I'll be better. This version is the "Windows ME" of Ubuntu
You know, Callahan's is a peaceable bar, but if you ask that dog what his favorite formatter is, and he says "roff! roff!", well, I'll just have to...