Microwaves work through a very specific mechanism that only applies to very high powered signals, at certain frequencies, at close range. Specifically, they exploit the polar nature of water, causing the molecules to spin and generate friction, which in turn generates heat. To achieve this effect, microwaves operate at anywhere from 600 to 2000 watts within relatively tiny confines. Take into account that the intensity of radio waves decreases proportionately over distance, and add to the fact that this particular band of radio waves is incapable of traversing anything metallic, and the fact that it loses a significant amount of energy from it's constant interaction with the water in the air, sticking your head IN the microwave would hurt, but standing a reasonable distance away would have an effect only after lengthy exposure. Put a wall or some other substantial rigid structure in between you and the microwave, and you'd evaporate the magnetron long before you'd feel anything from the microwave.
To give you a sense of scale, 200mW, which is the output of your average wireless access point is to 600 watts (about the lowest power microwave you'll find) is about like comparing the mass of a four year old (40 pounds) to the mass of an M1 A1 Abrahms tank (135,200 pounds), and that's not even considering the fact that the frequencies in which these devices operate have entirely different properties. (IE, they don't cause rotation in water, and therefore don't cause heating).
In short, unless you think pre-schoolers are an adequate substitute for artillery, it's unwise to compare a microwave oven to a wireless access point.