All polymers from photosynthetic resins to date deteriorate quite rapidly when exposed to a few hours of direct sunlight, making it applicable only to indoor and internal component use.
Seems like all you would have to do is paint the part to solve that problem. Or just dip it in something that blocks UV.
Doing a stellar job at journalism.
Was there something in there you thought was inaccurate?
.I read recently that each panel made results in 4x it's weight in toxic waste and greenhouse gasses produced as a side effect
You might want to produce an actual cite. Obviously there won't be any greenhouse gases resulting from manufacturing the panels if they do it with solar power. Panel manufacturing in the US is highly regulated so I can't see how all this toxic waste comes about. Unless you mean in China, but apparently everything is made in the dirtiest cheapest way there.
Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust.