Thanks for contacting Myspace.
If you really want to delete your profile, here's what you do:
1. Log into Myspace
2. Hover over My Stuff (in the upper nav bar) and click Edit Profile
3. Remove all the content from the text boxes and type REMOVE PROFILE in the About Me text box (this way we know you have access to your profile)
4. Reply to this email, leaving the subject line intact, and tell us to delete your profile (be sure to include the URL that appears in the http:///
browser bar when you visit your profile and click on your main profile photo, which will look like http://profile.myspace.com/...viewprofile&friendid=000000
Once we receive your email, we’ll delete your profile for you.
Important stuff to know:
- deletion is permanent, so you might want to consider hiding your profile instead (see below)!
- you can preserve your profile, playlists, and photos, yet limit others’ ability to view them, by deleting all of your friends and setting your profile privacy to “Only my friends.” This way you can still enjoy cool features like Myspace Music and Video
- if you decide to delete your profile, it will take a few days before your profile is completely erased from our system, during which time you may still receive notifications, so be patient. We're working on it!
The Myspace Support team