I'm gonna assume you're a guy (you probably are).
Why would you want to meet female geeks? THINK of all the female geeks you know. Is that what you really want?
Just because I like starships, D&D and computers does not mean it's in my best interest to hunt for chicks who resemble me. Besides, women are pretty malliable in the initial stages of a relationship, you could probably get a 10/10 cheerleader to play D&D with you and your nerd friends.
Here's my advice:
1) Learn how to dress and do your hair. You don't have to, but it will help a lot.
2) Go to places where there are females. If you're still a student, take some courses with a high female ratio. Join a few student clubs, run for exec positions. Go to parties. A word on nightclubs, these are the worst place to pick up. The competition is brutal and a lot of women go there for the attention.
3) Don't act like you're there to pick-up. You're just there to have a good time. A lot of women are put off by really aggressive guys. I'd wait till the second or third time you meet someone before making any moves. Sex is like money, no one's gonna give you any if they think you need it.
4) Women are not your friends. Don't waste your time building friendships that won't last. Remember: "Friend guys; fuck girls". If she's not interested, it's time to fold and leave the table.
5) You're gonna encounter a lot of failure as you try catch up on years of experience. Just deal with it and move on.