I have worked in outsourcing companies and product companies in India
14$ an hour in India means you are using a low end outsourcer and their quality is questionable.
Good companies charge anything between 20$-25$ an hour and provide better programmers. Much better.
It is safer to pay $25 an hour and ask to interview each programmer before they get on your team
Run a small pilot to check out their programming, communication and collaboration skills
Many good programmers have studied their masters in the US/Europe/Australia and understand cultural context better. Look for such programmers.
Seems like PRspeak. China has a working population of about 500-600 million of which probably 300 million are in the manufacturing sector (remove agriculture and services). A 1 million strong workforce means one person for every 300 workers just to check counterfeiting. Something wrong here. I guess these are just buzzword to show how much the Chinese govt is doing against piracy. It signals intent rather than actual implementation.
Imagine a wires made out of sapphire. I am not sure they will be financially viable for long distance usage. Copper is getting stolen, imagine safeguarding sapphire wires!!
The program presents a paradox. If the program analyses rightly and crime has been prevented by the presence of police officers, how do they know that it was prevented because of the prediction? Is the absence of crime proof of rightness or proof of wrongness?
Many youngsters play games online and simply use 1970 as their year of birth to avoid issues with being underaged. If this survey has been done online, they have to adjust for these data errors in which case they might arrive at a lower age.
So did killing 20 million people in 6 years help in mid 20 th century more? Given than the average emission per person would have increased in the 1000 (or whatever) odd years!
Slashdot is only 1% advanced and 1/3rd simple. Not that hard to understand for the average joe!!
Either I have too great an opinion of myself or I am grossly underestimating the average joe!!????
RMS has not only talked about various issues over the years but the general public (not the geeks) seems to have a knack of totally ignoring him. By that count Chrome should be a commercial success adopted by millions of people. Just like RMS warned us about Windows, Iphone, Kindle, etc. Look each of them is a commercial success.
If so, it had a good budget, effects and commercial success.
I hear people say that Sarah Palin does not fit in, is weird, does not do the 'right' thing, does not have the 'right' (or in this case, left) opinion. And alarmingly, there is a large number of people across the US who seem to identify with her, like her and will vote for her.
Does this sound like a familiar pattern to the people in the open source community??
Gun control prevents gun crime
DSLR Camera control prevents terrorism
Thought control prevents thought crime.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength
1. Establish a file server, mail server, domain server, etc. Start talking to vendors.
2. Establish backup servers for redundancy
3. Setup a team of 4 people with skills in networking, databases, mail exchanges app servers and web servers.
4. If you need 24x7 support or weekend support, hire 2 more people. Start talking to contract staffing companies. They might hire one of your friends who needs a job.
5. Ask for budgets for mail access clients, offsite backups, redundancies, etc.
6. Provide options for mobile access, home access, vpn, etc.
7. Ask for more budget to provide the same. Start talking to more vendors.
8. Talk to multiple vendors to hand out contracts so that you get invited to various breakfasts, dinners, events.
9. Ensure that the 20 person company has an IT team of 10 persons and you are telling them what they should do, when they should do it and how. If not, the servers will overload, all their IT systems will break and leave them bankrupt and open to serious litigations. Or something like that.
Can't photograph because of copyright. I presume, painting it also follows the same (warped) logic. Can we say that stone word? Or is slashdot infringing on copyright by posting the word online??
I like work; it fascinates me; I can sit and look at it for hours.