Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Education

Submission + - Encouraging Students to Drop Mathematics

Coryoth writes: "The BBC is reporting that students in the UK are being encouraged to drop math at the senior levels. It seems that schools are seeking to boost their standing on league tables by encouraging students not to take "hard" subjects like mathematics, in favour of easier subjects in which they are assured good grades. The result is Universities being forced to provide remedial math classes for science students who haven't done math for two years. The BBC provides a comparison between Chinese and UK university entrance tests — a comparison that makes the UK look woefully behind. Is the UK slipping behind in science education?"

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...