What's the opposite of a euphemism? A way of saying something so crudely, with so much emphasis and descriptive innuendo that its impact is felt overpoweringly. Where a euphemism is a gentle caress, the anti-euphimism is a kick in the groin. "Did you feel that?"
As far as I can tell, there is no antonym for "euphemism". So, let's have your suggestions, and examples.
Some euphemisms and anti-euphemisms from my own sector, software:
- application issue / royal fuck-up
- scheduled upgrade / panic patch
- server resource issue / meltdown
- security issue / virus infestation
- inappropriate content / pr0n
And my suggestion is "truthemism".