I have this bottle of isopropyl alcohol sitting in front of me. $5 for about a liter. It tempts me.
I went on the net to find its toxicity data. And...
1) Isopropanol is not wood alcohol. Methanol is. This is an entirely different substance.
2) Isopropanol doesn't kill in 15g dose. First symptoms of intoxication may appear then.
3) Ethanol is not the only alcohol we can metabolize. We can perfectly well metabolize Glycerin and it is pretty much neutral, goes without effects - it is used as sweetener for high-quality vodkas instead of sugar.
4) Isopropanol produces acetone in your liver. OMG THIS WILL KILL YOU! So does Ethanol.
It seems it is slightly stronger than ethanol but pretty much the same in effects. What I am afraid is that it might be denaturated and contain 3rd party poison additives. *shrug* gonna try some some day maybe...