Despite all the hype, it is easy to predict that Windows 7 will go the same way Vista did. Vista was a failure in every way, so a pretty new face was made to sell the same buggy and customer hostile core and the Microsoft hype machine was turned on full blast. Now that Vista 7 is RTM, we no longer have to make predictions, we can simply watch the results. Here is a collection of Vista 7 failures found on YouTube. Enjoy what I found in a few minutes:
- Counter Strike Fail
- Power Management Fail Hibernate seems to be broken. Any power management working would be an improvement over XP or Vista but we should not expect such miracles from non free software.
- Cracking Video shows how to p0wn "activation." Soothing music welcomes you to the botnet.
- Good rundown of Windows 7 problems by seasoned IT professional who has yet to give up on Windows. He's not correct about being able to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7.
Update 1/2/2011 Real users have been forced to buy Vista 7 with their new computers for more than a year and it's Vista all over again. They tell the story better than I can.
Here are videos that have collected at YouTube over the last year. Windows 7 is no less a pig and no more secure than Vista was, everything the Microsoft boosters say is a lie. All of these videos were made after the RTM date and most after the October 22nd, 2009 shelf date. The best have bold dates.
- 07/28 - an amazing Windows 7 failure video. Ten minutes long but fun the whole time.
- 09/11 - buggy dual monitor action. It's funny how my PIII can correctly do this kind of thing with composting using E16 and Debian. Multitouch on Windows 7 has had a lot of high profile failure too.
- 10/22 - Fails the day it was released to the public. Man forced to wipe Vista to install Windows 7 and ends up with two dead computers.
- 12/29 - Windows 7 speech recognition, impressive and completely worthless.
- 12/31 - What Windows 7 OEM "support" is really like, explained by a former Gateway support tech. The techical issue was product activation but the video is a profoundly sad portrait of betrayed US tech workers.
- 01/03 - A gamer hates Windows 7 performance and broken Steam
- 01/05 - Another user abandons the Windows world over Vista/Windows 7.
- 01/15 - Another tech and XP fans tell his users to go from XP to Mac OSX because Windows 7 is so poor
- 01/18 - This poor user thinks Vista was better, how pathetic.
- 04/19 - Hardware does not work with Windows 7, user hates it.
- 07/10/2010 - Excellent critique by long term Windows user fed up with Vista/Window7. After fighting "updates" for two years, user runs to Mac and vows to never purchase Windows again.
- 07/29 - Windows 7 ruins a netbook and lots of other hardware, user can't use CDs and is very frustrated.
- 8/21 - Infuriating general flakeyness, poor user wants his XP back.
- 09/04 - Poor battery life of Windows 7 graphically illustrated.
- 09/30 - Windows 7 broken so that user can't log in.
- 10/04 - User complains about poor performance and incomplete Vista facelift for Window 7. Thinks it works a little faster with "classic" 1995 like menu bar.
- 10/10 - Fake AV demonstrated, shows that Windows 7 is still insecure and preyed on by all sorts. The demonstrator should have actually used virtual machine if he really needed Windows.
- 10/31 - Slow shutdown ruins someone's day.
- 12/10 - Great demonstration of CPU usage in Windows 7 vrs GNU/Linux.
- 02/01 - Bugs and clown music
- 02/11 - Microsoft Anna voice tells you how annoying Windows 7 is
- 02/13 - Windows 7 ruins $1,000 computer so user is unable to play games, make videos and whatnot.
- 03/16 - Five crashes a month belies hype for this man. He wanted an improvement over Vista and 64 bit OS, but thinks Windows 7 is worse than Vista, which he also thought suckes. Wants to go Linux but has a few programs holding him back.