Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
Pretty soon this site will just be randomly AI-selected tech news feeds and commenting will be disabled to reduce maintenance cost.
1. type something not in the dictionary and hit space
4. IOS doesn't replace it with the original that was just selected, but the same crap it just did
(not a problem in Android)
1. I don't notice this till later, because I expect sane behavior
2. Fine only the 1st letter is wrong, I'll just put my cursor after it, backspace and correct.
3. Cursor goes before or after the word or the whole word is selected
4. Have to delete the whole word and retype it
5. Be careful not to let it autocorrect or rinse and repeat
(Android puts the cursor where you tell it
You have to basically learn morse code to be effective.
Seriously the single physical button is a hindrance to adding usability features like convenient back, settings, home....
I don't want to navigate through 6+ different screens to change the settings in the app I am currently using
When an app opens another app and I want to get back to the original, IOS is useless and you have to manually navigate back.
This all techically _works_, and users only have to learn 1 (shitty) way of doing things
If you want a phone that _just_ works get an Apple.
If you want stuff to work effectively and efficiently, get an Android
If they put the same technology into a larger form factor, it wouldn't be long before the petabyte is reached.
(doesn't peta stand for the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals or something?)
Put some gorilla glass on them and sensors and Wal-Mart could pester us with ads on every step instead of just the few annoying end caps.
- endangered species in the area
- abandoned toxic waste in the soil
- this site used to be a WW2 bombing range and guess what?...We found a bunch of unexploded ordinance.
- hurricane damage
- tornado damage