Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
5 star: (58)
4 star: (43)
3 star: (15)
2 star: (15)
1 star: (29)
To me, a big geek, Google TV is a great value. I'm voting with my wallet...
It works so well, that I've cancelled my $65 a month AT&T Uverse TV subscription.
In 4.6 months, Google TV will be free and I'll be pocketing $65 a month.
The time I use to spend watching re-runs on Uverse, I now spend
- using the Netflix app to stream videos
- using the built-in chrome browser to surf the web, ck email, watch podcasts, watch YouTube lean-back.
- using DLNA to wirelessly listen to my music collection on my sterio, watch my pictures and videos on my big screen (from my Windows 7 VMware VM), etc.
When the Android Market to opens, I'll be downloading new apps....
But as far as a bad rating goes, I don't see where people are coming from. Maybe they're caught in some reality distortion field, or have some axe to grind.
1. Anti-trust lawsuit will force Apple's hand http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2010/05/04/apple-could-face-antitrust-inquiry-over-section-3-3-1/
2. Steve Jobs bends to pressure from users who realize ubiquitous HTML5 is many years away,
and sometimes they really do need to watch a flash movie from their iPhone/iPad
3. Users decide jail breaking is no more risky than installing a new OS. Here's how:
- Apple will abandon support for older iPhone/iPads.
- Users will buy new devices and/or jail break their older iPhone/iPads to get the new features;
- Once users realize jail breaking didn't screw up their old phone, they'll jail break their new phone too.
- Jail Broken phones will be much more robust than the stock Apple OS
- Flash and other features will be the choice of the user and not Steve Jobs."
His accomplishments are truly amazing.
So what stops multiple people from combining their brainpower?
We're all smart. What are we missing?
If one man can overturn Isac Newton. Four should be able to overturn Einstein.