The Raspberry Pi people used only Broadcom, because personal contacts, as Broadcom plant was in there neighbourhood. The Raspberry Pi was designed for local use, that it became an international a hit was not planned. If for example Samsung was close they maybe used a Samsung processor, if they sponsored samples.
And where you can download the Red Flag distribution ? Not on the official website, all dead links.
If it comes from "Beijing" it shall not be general accepted. China needs a real OpenSource project, but before this will happen there must change something.
Steve Ballmer made no secret of his effort derail the whole project, including personal 'advice' to local politician, discounts and moving the Micro$oft office. Seams that somebody pays back now, or is it only the please the sponsor ?
The audio vibration in a chip bag was a nice example of high speed pictures and software using this pictures to filter out unseen movements. They work with a speed up to 6000 fps. With higher high speed we can understand / tackle hopeful vibration in constructions and machinery, as combustion engines and air planes.
The remark on Github ' Wyvern requires the Java 8 JDK ' will give a new try to get a programming languages with the best of all previous or n+2. The old languages as C are not so bad, as they still try to copy it.
Are they addicted to working longer hours, or long hours at work. ? Longer present is no guaranty for more production. A healthy and stress free person can do more. In beginning 1900 in Europe industrialist as Lever Brothers and Philips Brothers start building villages to provide there workers with the housing, services and entertainment. This with the goal to get more productive workers. Long hours at work is sometimes also to show the managers 'I am always busy'
It have al to do with respect. The youtube video shall show the most worse cases, but even it is less as 0.1% you can not respect this Rambo types. Problem is the other 99.9% of the police force loses respect too. Police force needs a better education, and internal clean up.
Why in jail ? For putting the ATM in administrator mode ? The bank CIO should be jailed as it looks there was no unique password, only the standard one.
Both are about Open Source software. Open mean also open for all. The partisans should exchange there views and software, maybe the Chinese want to inform other about there findings, as NSA always do.
And there are alternatives for Exel, both commercial and freeware. With a prepared spreadsheet with some locked headers and functions, nearly nobody can ruin them.
Or go back to DOS terminal programs as PC-File+. Simple as Cardex and well proved.
How to use off-line ? Looks to me not the ultimate application for a street kids project in Senegal.
Open Source is no plug and pray software. It ask cooperation from the users for migration of specific groups as County Councils. The knowledge of the CIO and his staff or outside company. is mostly orientated on MS, as promoting open source gives no incentives. The cost of the software is mostly not an issue as MS gives discount to 95%. It are the people behind the project who gives the difference. See the City of Munich story about migration to Linux.
There business model is built on bugs. No bugs no business. A good product needs to maintenance, updates and paid upgrades.