Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
- Any pistol is likely to have less bullets than an AR weapon. (Expanded magazines in a pistol are rare.) When you are out of rounds, your fucked. Meanwhile the rifle holder is still spraying.
- A rifle will usually have enough grains behind the round to go through walls and other obstacles. This is why police switched to 9mm -
- A pistol flops around while shooting. A rifle is a more stable platform with less aim correction time required (if any in an experienced shooter as the killer was.)
- It takes longer to correctly aim a pistol than a rifle. A rifle is more like a line with two points - a pistol is more of bobbing on a point.
- More but I think the major points are made...
That all said, being on the wrong end of a pistol is mighty damn dangerous.
From the article:
The bill would make it a crime to offend, harass, terrify or even just annoy another person online. Skordas points out a few issues, like how will law enforcement find these so-called "online trolls?" and who is going to set the basis for what is considered "offensive?"
The way the US government is going broke at so many levels (NYC is considering tolls on bicycle riders) - I can certainly see some "fines" coming down the road for at least illegal clauses in contracts.
Although having my laptop and back up external drives (thank god for TrueCrypt) stolen might have embittered me a little.