Every time there's a new Firefox release, I sit back and watch a very vocal group spewing the same old tired rants and lies:
- Firefox is released too often. Why would you want to wait a year or more between releases as it was the case in the 3.x days? It's better to have features released as they are ready and improved upon and not wait years to release them at once and have most of them not work properly. Why does it matter if it's Firefox 33, or firefox 4.33 or Firefox 2014-10?
- The UI is a copy of Chrome's. There are not many ways you could do a minimalist browser interface. If you don't know shit about design, don't talk about design. Shit, probably these people think that design is some useless, time wasting activity that hipsters do and then jerk off to it. Why would you want to see more of the UI when you could see more of the content. Also there are multiple ways to customize Firefox and make it look as bad or as complicated you wish. You can even make it look like your grandma's browser for 1999.
- Firefox uses a lot of memory and has memory leaks. Firefox is the most frugal browser when it comes to memory and doesn't have more memory leaks than other browsers. It fact it's the best browser to use if you use lots of tabs. Sure, maybe you can find a corner case or some extension that sucks memory, but I bet you can find that in any browser or application of the same complexity. I have Firefox installed on a lot of 512mb,1gb,2gb and 4gb machines and it works just fine.
- Firefox is unstable. It might be unstable if you use shitty extensions. Just stop using shitty extensions that crash your browser. You wouldn't use apps that crash your OS, would you?
- Firefox is going extinct. No it is not, even by a long shot. It still has 500mil users. People are still using it because it's a good product, not because it's pushed down their throat by every means possible as is the case with Chrome or was the case with Internet Explorer back in the 90s. (Not saying Chrome is a bad browser, just that the difference in market share is because of marketing not because of quality).
- Firefox is breaking addons with every upgrade. This probably hasn't happened in years and years and even if it did it's understandable and forgivable when an addon hasn't been updated in years and uses antiquated APIs that are incompatible with the speed and security we've come to expect from modern browsers. I'm not running DOS apps on the latest version of Windows, why would you want to run old, slow and unsecure addons?
Besides that let me tell you some of the positive things that none of you assholes mention, because you like to talk out of your ass without even using the damn browser - it has the best looking and most intuitive developer tools out of any browser, a fast and feature complete Android browser with extensions, the best extensions out there out of any desktop browser, they offer an awesome email client and let's not forget that Mozilla is one of the best and most trustworthy organizations out there.
Have you ever heard about a little thing called permissions? If you have a phone capable of installing applications check it out. It's marvelous.
Someone forgot to take their meds this morning
I don't own another version of Windows
Well, how the about USA stays inside it's already fucking generous borders and it lives of its more than generous natural resources? China is not going to invade you. And your allies can go screw themselves.
Nice trolling you've got going on here. Seriously, why do you feel that diverting funds from war making to science and progress is a bad idea?
He's just a puppet for the people with real power in his party (PSD
Really? His analysis is almost correct - what is not correct and a bit naive on his part is the fact that he thinks of the president as a great savior. The crack down on the corrupt former prime minister Adrian Nastase was in fact a way for the president and his party (PDL) to get back in the polls. I don't think he did it out of the goodness of his heart, but the accusations are valid and unfortunately are only a drop in the ocean when it comes to Adrian Nastase and his party (PSD). By the way, his party is the former communist party re-branded and it's full of former communist figures and secret police members. Ponta is just a pathetic puppet.
For the curious the post above translates to: "Fuck your mother! Fuck off!"
How?? I also have a Galaxy S and it barely lasts one day. With data on, it lasts a few hours at best. What ROM are you on?
Real Metro apps can be written in JS and HTML. Troll much?
As a once gadget developer I say "Fuck you Microsoft!" and here's why
Is this how MS will treat their Metro developers if it doesn't have the success the corporate douchebags in Redmond expect it to?