Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment Re:Lather, rinse, repeat... (Score 1) 1134

To mod otherwise because the mod dislikes something, or finds it "offensive", is a form of self-delusion, an effort to censor with the approval of his or her own conscience.

Although it's sad that some people would rather try to censor my 1st amendment rights than come up with a useful alternative, I'm not even slightly surprised. I've had this same debate with friends who are rabidly anti-gun and the answer is always the same - blame the tool, not the user. It's really sad, if we could just get the mentally ill the help they need and stop treating mental illness like something that shouldn't be talked about there would be so many people that could benefit. Not just people who are looking to commit violent acts, but millions of others who's quality of life has been ruined by a mental illness and are too afraid to get the help they need because of the ridiculous stigma attached to it.

Comment Re:Lather, rinse, repeat... (Score 1) 1134

Oh good, my post got labeled as a troll. How the FUCK is anything that I said in my original post trolling? A gun can't do a fucking thing without the user. I am NOT a gun nut and I hate gun violence, but I also have a functioning brain and therefore understand that putting silly new feel-good laws in place like banning magazines that hold more than 10 rounds won't do a god-damned thing because, guess what, there are MILLIONS of these in the U.S. already. Anybody who thinks my post is trolling is truly a fucking dumbass in denial about why mass shootings really happen. The stupid assholes who don't like my post because it doesn't fit nicely into their worldview just proves my original point. Fucking morons, you're part of the problem, not the solution. Seriously, take your heads out of your asses and wake the fuck up.

Comment Lather, rinse, repeat... (Score 1, Troll) 1134

And now Obama will go up to his podium and act sad and say things like "we must do something," "guns are bad," etc., etc. But nothing will be done (as usual) because everyone refuses to address the real problem here - the mental health status of the individual pulling the trigger. The cat's out of the bag people. People are gonna get guns if they want them bad enough regardless of what feel good regulations we pass. The real issue at hand is helping the mentally ill so they don't get to the point where they want to pull the trigger.

Comment Re:Do you know how far bullets fly? (Score 2) 620

And this is what prevents serious gun legislation in the US: Too many people talking about something they know nothing about.

Exactly, and that is also why so many gun folks are so completely opposed to any new gun laws - most of the people making those laws couldn't tell the difference between a Ruger 10/22 that is painted black and a fully automatic M16. Ironically these are the same people who scream and shout about men making laws about abortion.

Comment How Car Insurance REALLY works (Score 1) 231

Okay ladies and gents, here's the scoop. Auto insurance companies are HIGHLY regulated. They are, by law, only able to make a small amount of profit off premium. Usually about 80% of premium made goes immediately out the door back to the policyholders. The other 20% goes to running the business. Money is made off of global market investments. So yes, it is likely that your rates will go down. Unless of the course the sensors on the cars are so expensive that if they were to get damaged in, say, a flood or hail storm, they would be crazy expensive to fix. There are lots of ways a car can get damaged other than accidents.

Slashdot Top Deals

MSDOS is not dead, it just smells that way. -- Henry Spencer

Working...