The AC below is me. Also I started looking things up and got pretty into reading about it. Specifically http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberth_effect that seems interesting in and off itself and also explains why the burn at that point gives the most bang for your buck.
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
Was a bit concerned about this as well but from what I am reading the flow to the liquid fuel engines stopped resulting in an underburn. Since it wasn't a bad directional thrust or something no fuel was wasted during the failed 4th burn so most if not all of the fuel from the 5th emergency burn was leftover from the incomplete one. Lets hope for the best.
And psychonauts. You know, psychonauts? yea him.
An indictment accuses Megaupload.com of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed one day after websites including Wikipedia and Craigslist shut down in protest of two congressional proposals intended to thwart online piracy.
Meanwhile Anonymous Claims DOJ, RIAA, MPAA Site Takedowns in Response to Megaupload Bust"
Link to Original Source
A 37 year long marriage is just as amazing as a meteor shower. Gratz.
Dont pick a fight with people who's web servers need to be bigger than yours?
Go Penny Arcade! Not only do they run one of the oldest and kickass web comics for games, they run their own gaming convention, their own charity called child's play (its mentioned in the email thread) and they've featured jack thompson on the comic a bunch of times along with the modest video game proposal thing:
I feel the points are still valid. The e-reader is verrrrry specific in what it does and it replaces books. If video tutorials were better, traditional schooling methods would have been replaced by the time computers became prolific in the classrooms, or when laptops started getting real cheap but they haven't. Perhaps the e-readers are getting bookworms thinking about the benifits of technology and that is having a trickle down effect? Im not sure. I do agree that the method of schooling you described in your comment is better though, I just dont see how e-readers can enable it any more than the tech that has been available for 15+ years.
Thanks, i never get fp!
Yea this will replace tutors just like books have replaced tutors since days of yore. EReaders are great, they may replace books someday but when it comes to education, the biggest barrier is getting kids to pickup a book/e-reader not how much space they occupy.
I remember the hobbit is not as long or as adventureous as the trilogy. Does it really need 2 movies?
sorry that first comment should be:
The address bar search has to be one of the best things about it. Nothing makes non chrome users jaw drop when they see me type wik [tab] google chrome and watch the wiki page load up. Same for youtube and most other big websites.
Speed is a good enough reason to switch but:
1. The address bar search has to be one of the best things about it. Nothing makes non chrome users jaw drop when they see me type wik google chrome and watch the chrome page load up. Same for youtube and most other big websites.
2. New tab page is awesome, thumbnails of my tabs and the last visited sites is awesome (they screwed this up recently requiring 2 clicks instead of one)
3. Incognito mode does not close my main browser without asking me like firefox does
4. Does not crash often, i work using the UnityWebPlayer which will often cause browser crashed, yet when the unity plugin crashes in chrome it doesnt take tehw hole browser down with it.
5. PDF native, wow, the first time i read this in the news somewhere i instnatly upgraded my chrome and ditched whatever pdf reader i was using. Now i even open downloaded pdfs in chrome and it streams(!) pdfs.
6. Angry birds! and other assorted games in the app store.
7. moving tabs around is soooo much nicer in chrome
It says more about how much inertia users have with regard to browser changes more than anything. It took me a long time to consider switching browsers (from IE) but it took me a really short time to start using chrome and discovering its awesome features.
And yes they are awesome in every respect. Chrome is simply... better.
Or you can show up and null vote, at least here in India.
Does this mean i can run the apps natively without using an emulator on a windows box?