This is actually an interesting thought. Especially in a gay divorce dealing with children.
As a side thought...is there any precedent for a gay divorce? Now that I am thinking about it, I cannot recall ever hearing about a gay divorce, and how some of our current laws that assume a marriage is between two parties of opposing genders are interpreted...
IMO, the domain name is part of the site and not separately negotiable.
However, terms can be reached that allows you to maintain your email addresses. As part of the sale, provisions can be included to either require the new owner of the domain to retain your email accounts for X years or until the domain expires.
You can also require a new domain name that they can purchase, probably very similar to yours. Include a 301 redirect for all traffic to your domain to forward to the new domain, and you retain control of your domain and all the accounts, etc. and the new owner still gets the type-in or bookmark traffic to the old domain.
IDK why the above post is moderated funny, +5 Insightful seems much more fitting...
Goddammit, I just spent the last of my 15 mod points, and THEN I read this?!
Well said, mooingyak. Couldn't have said it better myself.
They demand you stay seated. They demand you don't speak without raising your hands. And if you break either of those rules, then you're a troublemaker.
One of the few AC posts rightfully modded as +5 Insightful!
I'm sorry, but this was pretty fucking funny.
As you so kindly pointed out....
Means your view of whomever is that they are of immature mind. I am not making excuses or publicly taking sides, as I really don't have the time or energy to argue with
Perhaps securing or shielding such sensitive information from these "arrogant children" until a more appropriate age and maturity is reached is a good start.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.