You mean there are no ideas of interesting things to do with GIMP ?
I have PLENTY of ideas (but not having time to contribute them I prefer to STFU) :
- merge of scale, rotate and move, even perpective layer tools to on-canvas handles (even non destructive composition)
- non-destructive layer effects (GEGL for real)
- better font handling UI for text
- non destructive cage deformation
- better background removal options
- palette based dithering
- pixel art editing tools (tiling edition : modify all similar grid tiles, tileset edition)
- better animation support (by example allow zooming in animation replay for spriting, ghost frames)
- better palette sorting
- better dithering for non-regular palettes
- 16bit color or CYMK ? don't need them, but eh.