Winkey, Right, Enter
If Microsoft wants to desinfect themselves they need to remove Gates and Ballmer from any influential positions.
I have been reading Groklaw since its inception in May 2003 and I am fully convinced (i) that there is a lady XY that goes by the name of Pamela Jones or just pj; (ii) that she did an epochal job; and (iii) that I and everybody else own her big thanks.
However, Groklaw changed after the lady disappeared for a couple of months in 2009 and then returned without much explanations. I had the distinct impression that a small team was then at work of which she was still the leader and the main contributor. A law professor took over for a brief period and disappeared again.
The team have now discovered that they cannot hide the way they thought they could and wished they could. The reasons given by pj for closing down are totally unconvincing. Does she communicate day by day? Does she use the phone? Does she write letters? With the same logic she is offering for Groklaw's closure she would have to stop talking, phoning and writing. And breathing.
Once upom time I did care about updating my XP. Then about 3 years ago the updates stopped installing, they would loop forever. Apparently a MS bug. They released a fix, the fix didn't work for me.
In the install tree find the file JSByteCodeWin.bin and rename it. Works for me.
>>> 1. if you don't have access to broadband, this isn't for you
Except for 99% of users in Latin America, Africa, Asia. Oh yes, you are right, who cares. Oh, you are right, who cares?
It is not the figure given that is confusing, it's the concept.
Start with 1 unit of currencyA equivalent to 2.2 units of currencyB.
After a while currencyB has depreciated by 900%. And what the hell does that mean? Don't ask journalists, ask yourself.
About two years ago my WinXP SP3 stopped updating. The update would start but went into grinding never coming to an end. It was actually a widespread problem at the time, apparently a bug on Microsoft's side, apparently fixed by Microsoft after a while. I tried plenty of suggestions, nothing helped, as of today my system does not update. I never bothered to reinstall from scratch.
Is this practice actually widespread and what can be done against it? In this particular case, the bank claims 'security reasons' and are unwilling to discuss the issue."
It was not easy but I forced myself to walk the fine G+ thread and I learnt a couple of things.
* There is plenty of animosity between RedHat and Canonical.
* Wayland is not the personal initiative of some individuals. RedHat is fully behind it.
* The Wayland developers were or are X developers.
* X is already sentenced but the death sentence will never be publicly executed. X will slowly disappear while "What's exactly wrong with X?" will linger on from here to eternity.
* Mark Shuttleworth used to be a classical South African pale male: a wrapper of soft talk around a core of hard lies. He can be sincere and rough now. Kudos to him.
* The meme has changed. No more "Linux is all about choice", rather "Don't fragment Linux".
* Mir isn't going to fail as some Redhatters wish to think but it will undergo a dozen reincarnations before its final release to users.
* I really hope I'm wrong here but it appears that neither Wayland nor Mir are in any hurry to modify the crappiest aspect of X as far as users are concerned: keyboard input.
So competing does not necessarily means innovating, striving to be good, striving to accommodate customers. No, it includes hindering or sabotaging others who happen to offer products or services similar to yours.
However, I was kind of sure that the hindering and sabotage approach was a preserve of the biggies, say Apple or Microsoft. I was wrong: even swat flies like Piriform try it.
Piriform can relax, lucky they are: the publicity boost they are giving to BleachBit will have no lasting effect. BleachBit desperately needs a new interface and it seems they are genetically incapacitated to do it.
>>> The Swiss Bank Account model is also what allowed jews in Germany to keep some of their family fortune out of the claws of the Reich.
Is that so evil? >>>
State your reply after considering that those accounts went then into Swiss claws, they were lost anyway.
>>> Why can't America just face the reality as it is - that it is spending way too much money than it is making?? >>>
You (and a few millions others) could for your part face the reality that getting liquidity is not same as authorization to spend.