So can we now just close that utter bullshit statement about GPL as being world-best license to keep project alive?
I always replace "H" with "T" in this case.
Now, when selected, no more Facebook or tons of other websites tracking you. Now only Google...
1. Really good regular vacuum cleaner costs ~300 EUR. Things like Dyson costs even more.
2. If you toss in extra motors and a battery in it, making it 500 EUR, it still does not autonomously cleans your house.
3. Roomba starts from 270 EUR: http://www.irobot.com/de/store/store_products.aspx?id=487
I own one and I love it (and I do have vacuum cleaner too, BTW).
Of course! It was even demonstrated in "Iron Sky" movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/
I saw something else with my eyes. One of my colleagues got Galaxy S3 and by accident dropped it at home on the wooden floor (no carpet). The thing is that the case was of course totally OK, gorilla glass was like no scratch. Well, the only inner glass of the screen itself was broken per half.
Then you didn't see much in your life or you see only average-minded trend followers who buys things because everyone does so. For example me and *all* my friends don't have that ridiculously huge rubber case. Relax.
When Samsung will again copy Apple and make their Galaxy 4 (?) thinner, you will need. No worries.
If whatever, then why the fuck you're writing this here? To fart into the puddle or what? And I have no idea who the morons gave it "Insightful"...
To fix it for new generation installations:
1. Make it possible to have packages with non-free proprietary software for sale (Ubuntu finally did that)
2. Make sure there is one standard for major distributions (Ubuntu is trying that hard).
3. Merge KDE and Gnome together tightly, so KDE software won't look like alien crap on Gnome and vice-versa.
4. Make sure LibreOffice opens MS Excel and MS Word documents flawlessly, so you can print-out Word document from MS Office and LibreOffice, put two papers on a window and see they're not different a milimeter (they do this in Japan, JFYI).
5. Fuck free-only ideology to slurp all sources into repository and build everything from sources only. Allow proprietary closed-source software.
6. Keep LSB as a fucking Holy Cow and never fucking violate it!
7. Make sure developers can make money from it. They want eat as well.
Oh, but that above will never happen, because everyone wants to have a choice and be free. And choice = chaos and shitload of knobs that a regular user never needs... Too bad, this is mostly geeks-only. Only Ubuntu makes some limited sense on a desktop so non-geeks can use it for a regular daily e-mail/web-browsing/music-playing box.
Linux desktop is too little for too late.
A satisfied user doesn't help "spread the Linux base"? Why not, I ask seriously?
Instead of putting a tag WORKSFORME (which implies Torvalds/Icaza are idiots in this particular case) is not helping, especially when it obviously is NOT working for many people. Integration absence is a primary target where I would say "not working". It gets better though.
Yet another craptouch device. With rounded corners and probably very shitty app store with whole 10 apps (9 of them are "fart apps").
I am tellin' ya, it is the way I've learned everything!
Of course they can sue. It is the same as suing car manufacturer for being a victim of somebody's wrong driving...