Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
For what it's worth, I don't think this health plan will work (i.e. I think premiums will go up).
Imagine a hand-held touch-screen device using technology from 1990. It would be bulky and heavy. It would run very hot. It would have terrible graphics capabilities and you wouldn't have a popular market place for developers to share their work.
It would have failed miserably.
Just consider Reid's debt plan. On the surface, it appears to be a legitimate compromise. Yet in the details, it is obviously a clever ploy to give the appearance of making cuts without actually making cuts (i.e. the cuts were already assumed to be made).
I would just like to see someone step up and announce a clear and concise plan that is truly a compromise. Raise taxes on the top 5% of individual incomes. Publicly ensure that the other 95% will not be impacted. Fix the entitlement programs to prevent/discourage abuse (and simultaneously cut costs). Stop throwing money at unnecessary wars.
This isn't snarky / sarcasm - I am not familiar with this concept. Can you explain how a person might benefit from paying 30% taxes instead of 25%?
"Okay guys, listen up. All of you start this round with pitch forks. Except for Dan over here. He paid $50 so he gets a rocket launcher. Have fun everyone!"