Hmm, do trends even matter?
I have a feeling Sony is now paying people to write up baseless bullshit like this guy.
Does anyone actually know a person who wants a PS3? I don't and my friends are all gamers.
Same reasons, as for not wanting one....
1) Too expensive
2) Don't need/want a Blu-Ray player
3) No games
4) Too expensive
The Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD is also pure speculation
More trends -
Personally I believe HD-DVD will win or both formats with coexist because -
1) HD-DVD is cheaper to manufacture
2) Porn has chosen HD-DVD as it's main format
3) Blu-Ray is Sony's format - this makes, some people hate it, period.
4) Much more expensive to manufacture
Blu-Ray's only plus is more storage, but don't we have way too many, trivial extras, on movie disks and do we really need 1,000,000 cgi-cutscenes, in game? Blu-Ray space is only a plus on the pc storage side of things.
Anyway, to paraphrase, that article is total bullshit....the end:D