Let's suppose that you have an interview for on a software project where human lives are at stake.
You learn that if you make a mistake, your name will be published everywhere, and your career will be ruined.
Will you take this job ?
If you take the job:
1) do you believe that you'll accept a normal pay to work on this job ? Do you believe the company will give you a high salary ?
2) do you believe that you'll be able to deliver easily, especially if you have troubles with your emotions ?
3) do you realize that a lethal bug can take months to be found ? Do you believe that you'll put enough unit tests in your code ? Do you think that you'll write a lot of code ?
This problem has been solved by surgeons
1) they have a big salary
2) they know that they can fail and kill a human, so they are peer-reviewed and never operate people they are emotionally attached with.
3) when they fail, they have an instant feedback, so they can improve their process immediately
Finally, they make you sign a lot of papers, just in case there might be a failure.
And any operation becomes extremely expensive !