There's a reason these people demand special treatment under the guise of equality.
1. Rebecca watson was not raped or abused in an elevator. Someone 'might' ( and I say might as there is no evidence) have asked her out, which she declined, and that was the end of it.
2. Brianna wu was not abused by colbert.
3. anita sarkeesian was not stereotyped by video games any more than men are.
4. adria richards was not oppressed by two guys sharing jokes.
5. zoe quinn was criticized for her sexual behavior tied with buying favor for coverage of her game and 'cause.' She was never criticized for being a woman gamer, developer or anything else. Her game was criticized for sucking and she was criticized for lying.. It was justified. 'Depression quest' is a shitty game and she is a liar.
There are no vagarities here. None of these are examples of systemic oppression. They are lying opportunists cashing in on the 'social justice' bandwagon for attention and cash.
I said that the organizers are not responsible for the behavior of attendees. That has nothing to do with understanding whether there was or was not any foul play between attendees.