Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
- read the title (good)
- read the summery (well written)
- read the article (worth reading about the new classes)
- read a few comments (comments were trolling about Java being a language for real men?!?)
Example Signs Point To XKCD's Time Ending:
- read title (misleading)
- read the summery (still misleading)
- read the comments (very helpful and I never realized about this special comic series, thanks)
- read/watch the actual article on xkcd
There is no mention if they implement the feature to disable secure boot, as I understand to get the sticker from MS they have to. Also they said, the devices are only locked up on ARM processors to run Win8 and it can be disabled for x86 CPUs.
This would be a no go for me, I am sometimes willing to pay the MS tax but not if it renders the hardware unuseable with other software.