Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!


Forgot your password?

Comment Re:Who could have foreseen? (Score 1) 224

This is effectively what I'm hearing consistently from a friend who is a nuclear engineer. The fear of "nuclear", coupled with the directly associated regulatory environment, have crippled investment and development. Who's going to put millions into commercialization when the democratic fear state makes the resulting technology illegal?

Comment Re:No Teaching Experience? (Score 1) 64

Hiring great teachers from one district and putting them in an underperforming district doesn't necessarily work. Because teachers who are great at teaching subject matter may be completely unprepared to deal with the classroom management issues in a poor school. Teachers who can hang tough at a poor school would likely really enjoy moving to a good district and getting a chance to enjoy teaching subject matter. The reverse move would likely result in worse results all around.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.