Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook


Forgot your password?

Comment Would be different if it were a chunk of the wall. (Score 1) 120

I suppose every time something historically grand is about to take place, people scramble to make sure that pieces of that history is kept for posterity (or fetch bucket-loads of cash at auctions in 50 years time). A part of this is sickening and the other is endearing.

If this was a chunk of the Berlin-wall, it might fetch a different price for starters, but would probably be sold due to the amount of frantic collectors for cold war memorabilia. This might just show us that, at this point in time, we just aren't that interested in the old space programs. Maybe in another 50 years that strip of flag will fetch (equivalent of the time) a couple of million dollars (or whatever currency is in use at the time).


Anyway, as is usual these days, I think this is just a sign of something else currently trending.

Comment Re:Google+ (Score 1) 321

Excuse me, what does this have to do with TFA. If anything, we should be asking why the infrastructure wasn't ready to handle what it was designed for. It will only rival Facebook if it gets storage and DB right (read the /. article regarding Facebook and MySQL from earlier). BTW, I like G+ and am actively using it.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.