Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive


Forgot your password?
Slashdot Deals: Cyber Monday Sale! Courses ranging from coding to project management - all eLearning deals 25% off with coupon code "CYBERMONDAY25". ×

Comment for the love of god file the report of birth (Score 1) 734

I have a very close friend who is in immigration hell because of a situation like this. just file the report of birth abroad and get it over with, if they don't want it when they are an adult, they can renounce it. In her situation, life didn't go as expected and her unwed parents split a few years down the line. She ended up moving to the US with her mothers new US national husband. She only speaks English and has no memories of her life in Europe. She has been trying to straighten this out for the past few years but it looks like she will have to be naturalized. You never know what the future holds, not filing the report of birth abroad irrevocably limits your child's future options and is incredibly presumptive of their and your futures.

You don't have to know how the computer works, just how to work the computer.