1. Disable the Windows "run" command to piss me off.
2. Don't allow me to click on the clock to see a calendar.
3. Block web sites randomly for "security" reasons. (Hint: I'm a doctor. If I'm going to a web site I either have some legitimate reason to, or I'm goofing off because I have some critical patient that I'm stuck in the hospital with.)
4. Throw up wireless networks with some idiotic click through screen before it will route anything, thus breaking every automated device on the market.
Probably any of us on Slashdot could do a better job than some of these idiots.
1. It's because we like to piss you off
2. Because windows has shitting admin rights, and only admins should be allowed to change the time, and unfortunately this ties in with your meaningless capability to click on the stupid clock to see a calendar. You remember how you wanted that new pretty version of outlook so bad? USE IT, it has a calendar, as well as your stupid EMR software probably does.
3. It's random because it's always the sites "you go to".... Wrong. Go RTFM. Websites are blocked usually be a predefined list that is not produced by your IT staff. However, they do have the ability to unblock it but probably wont because you're attitude smells like dogshit.
4. There are numorous reasons as to why this is done, probably none of which you are capable of understanding because i get the impression that you are like all the doctors i worked for in the past that follow the mentality of ME ME ME!!!
I mean, after all, it is you who makes the $500k a year and pays IT's salary and for the internet, you SHOULD be able to do whatever you want, right? You should have admin rights to install whatever you damn well please too, right? Might as well just start printing out all the patient records and handing them out as fliers to any passer by, because that's exactly what that type of attitude will get you.
Go be a doctor and let the IT professionals do their job.