In soviet russia, korean old people imagine beowulf cluster of you welcoming our insensitive clod overlords, in japan!
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
I want to go here to find out this info:
Also, look at this previous Journal Entry for more info:
Remember, I found this while browsing Slashdot, this list is NOT mine...
- Can you imagine a Beowulf cluster of these?
- How long until the RIAA sues them into oblivion once they find out how may MP3's you can put on one?
- "Can you put Linux on it?" or "Yes, but will it run Linux?"
- "Yeah, but does it run Doom3?" or "And it still won't run Doom3."
- Any comment regarding "Duke Nukem Forever" taking literally 'forever' and being termed 'vaporware'.
- I am not buying one until they support ".ogg".
- I for one welcome our new (insert name of company mentioned in post or story) overlords.
- "George Lucas raped my childhood" or "Greedo shoots first" comments on any story incorporating the Star Wars franchise.
- A comment including these 3 components in any order: Natalie Portman, naked and petrified, hot grits, one's pants.
- Microsoft = Evil, MPAA = Evil, RIAA = Evil; with anything else incorporated to try and fit those equations into the topic at hand
- Some type of reference to the size of one's ProN collection, the amount of ProN that can be stored on the gadget or technology in question, or the ProN industry itself being the first to make good sue of the new technology or gadget in question (ergo: the ProN industry drives technology)
- The posted cliché being self-described as an "obligatory" post in the heading area if that particular cliché had not been addressed yet by previous slashdotters. (e.g. "obligatory Beowulf cluster comment")
- Post revealing the fact that the story's homepage had been slashdotted already, culminating towards another post later on with the homepage story itself being copied & pasted verbatim (often with a subsequent post purporting that this is karma whoring, even though the poster admits it is indeed helpful anyways.)
- Remark on the size of some new storage advancement about how many LOC's (Library of Congresses) can fit on it, or any other remark noting how this can be an actual valid unit of data storage measurement.
- A variation of the Zero Wing video game intro dialogue regarding it's broken English translation: "Someone set up us the base....we have every ZIG, make your time".....blah, blah, blah.
- Very soon lists such as this will be clichés as well.
- Similarly noted and additional clichés may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_subculture
I must search for this on Google:
Markov Chain text generator
Some men are so macho they'll get you pregnant just to kill a rabbit.
-- Maureen Murphy
Also, I found another sig to put here...
"Have you ever thought about just turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids, and hitting them?"
Well, if you've got Windows, you use a Windows CD, I don't remember the details, but Google's got instructions. If you've got Linux, you probably use Knoppix, mount the partition and clear the password out of
If you've got access to the box, you've got access to its data.
IBM Pollyanna Principle: Machines should work. People should think
Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Non-System foot or foot error. remove from mouth and strike any key when ready.
We are not ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur. - J. Danforth Quayle
When you say I'm cheap, do you mean "as in beer"?
I believe women should be placed on a pedestal.....just high enough to look up their skirts - Steve Martin
"There are people who do not love their fellow human being, and I _hate_ people like that!" - Tom Lehrer
We all B.M.,
Thanking your admin is nice and all, but baking cookies won't take away from training your underpaid Indian replacement.
Admin Appreciation Day is a pat on the shoulder while someone is getting ready to put a knife in your back.
BSD is for people who love UNIX. Linux is for those who hate Microsoft.