If I am wrong, please show me where in the world this idea has actually worked?
Fox is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
Top 20 console games of all time
1. Wii Play (Wii – 24.43 million)
2. Wii Fit (Wii – 22.5 million)
3. Nintendogs (DS – 22.27 million, all five versions combined)
4. Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green (Game Boy – 20.08 million approximately: 10.23 million in Japan, 9.85 million in US)
5. New Super Mario Bros. (DS – 19.94 million)
6. Mario Kart Wii (Wii – 18.36 million)
7. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES – 18 million)
8. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (DS – 17.41 million)
9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 - 17.33 million)
10. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (DS – 16.81 million)
Except for the single PS2 game and Super Mario Brothers 3, DS and Wii games seem to be selling very well. It will be very interesting to see how well New Super Mario Wii sells. It has been out for three weeks and is currently clocking in near 2 million units.
That study compared the result of watching a rom-com with watching a David Lynch movie and their conclusion was that the rom-coms fucked you up more than David Lynch? I totally call Bullshit! on that.
Why? Lynch's films often leave a lot open to the viewer to conclude, allowing people to think for themselves and make their own judgements. Your typical rom-com practically forces an emotional response out of the viewer - usually based on a (noxious?) set of ideals that are hard to live up to. Eraserhead may be scary, but not as much as the idea that your real life isn't as good as the ones in heightened emotional world that is a hollywood rom-com.