It's not a generic term. Call it "Windows Decay" by its proper name. I don't know of any other operating systems that have this problem.
The iPhone 6 comes with 1 Gb of memory. And has options for 16, 64 and 128 Gb of storage.
Why does this even get published?
I still run my own handmade gateway box, but it's Atom based and uses next to no power.
I'm not giving up on it because it's sometimes handy when you work from home.
Other than that, backups on usb connected drives and 1.3 computers per person in the household is enough
Swift is a programming language. Anyone can write a different compiler for it. Open sourcing Apple's LLVM frontend would be nice, but is not required.
If it's not open sourced and no one does a Swift implementation, we'll be exactly in the same situation as before. You had to write Java for Android and Objective C for iOS. Now you'll have to write Java for Android and Swift for iOS. I fail to see how that changes anything, except Swift being slightly less annoying thatn ObjC.
90% of the article serves to show that the author doesn't understand the difference between a programming language and the libraries provided by OS X. The other 10%... well I didn't notice what it was about.
And this crap makes Slashdot...
If the 5S and 6 have comparable performance, it means the 5S remains a long term option across OS upgrades. No need to keep a tablet in your pocket...
And i say this as the owner of a few Apple devices... which i bought on my own schedule, not by queueing at launches.
Don't delve too deep.
The righteous communists have a need to trade with the capitalist imperialists? Won't the ghost of Stalin provide for all?
I was wrong. This is NOT a leak of passwords from google accounts.
I checked my account on isleaked.com and it was NOT the google password, but the easily guessed password i use for accounts that I don't care about.
If your google password is unique, you're safe. If you reused it on low security sites... not so much.
... but I'm guilty of not ever changing the password after i created the account
Until today, of course.
I was on this list and i had an unique (for me) password for the google account. I've had the account since you had to beg for an invite to get in as well.
Yeah, this is where Eastern Europe laughs their ass off at the "developed" world
But it may be some kind of cycle. Today we're in front, but at some point even AT&T will be forced to upgrade their network, while our ISPs will fossilize and then *we* will be the ones behind. I'd say 30 years.
... for not having contacted a local tech contractor with some english speaking skills that could help. Someone that comes in a couple hours now and then to solve any issues.
Remote tech support is all fine and dandy, but sometimes you do need (technically literate) hands and eyes on the ground. I've taken care of servers on a different continent - 99% of the time I just ssh-ed in. The 1% I've had someone local - and technical! - drive in with a laptop and help.
... an e-reader saves a LOT of shelf space, making it WORTH it!
... has moved to smartphones.