I guess those few guys that died from radiation poisoning for 'getting a quick look' don't count as cancer deaths, since they technically died from radiation poisoning.
Died? Citation from a reputable news source please.
Firefox and Chrome's rendering of complex 3D scenes is still jerky and relatively slow *especially* compared to IE.
That's using WebGL, right? Wait, IE isn't going to be supporting WebGL for some reason
'The new release comprises layer groups (which were introduced after 2.7.1), an almost done text-on-canvas feature, the all-new brush engine and of course the new single window mode.'"
Single window mode is all you need to know about why you should upgrade.
Heck with that.
The lack of layer groups has been the single greatest barrier to my migrating to GIMP as a production tool. Without them, working on large and complex files becomes an organizational nightmare. Creating blank layers with names like "---- BEGIN Name of Subdivision ---"/"---- END Name of Subdivision ---" to lend structure and delineate groups of layers like we did in 1999 just doesn't cut it in modern production environments where decompressed file sizes can be measured in gigabytes.
A stable release with layer groups is definitely something I'll be putting through it's paces.
the MOST important question BY FAR is how important is this creature to the ecosystem upon which I depend. Everything else is just moral masturbation.
Pretending to know all the long-term effects of any species upon a given ecosystem is just mental masturbation and part of why we're faced with this problem in the first place.
*ahem* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks [wikipedia.org] *ahem*
The only difference between this and terrorism is the choice of tool and setting.
I'm sure all the friends and family of the people killed on 9/11 would agree with that comparison.
Not all that rare. Just shouted down by the faction who don't really get it.
Someone please mod this up.
As an non-US citizen..... I would expect you to stop putting spending bills and prisoner transfers bills into one package. It seems such a weird way of doing business. If a measure can't stand on its own, it shouldn't stand at all.
Please mod the parent up. This is a completely ridiculous way to conduct government.
In summary, cool screen... but unnecessary.
The road to absolutely nowhere is paved with sentiments like that.
My thoughts exactly. Reading TFA had me vaguely wondering if Virginia Heffernan wasn't a professional shill and exactly how much it might've cost Starbucks to pay for the article.
At least that was the case until I hit her "Points of Entry: This Week’s Recommendations" article conclusion. The last one of which reads:
VENTI EVERYTHING Starbucks’s Web site and apps are studded with free content, like a video interview with Colin Meloy of the Decemberists at starbucks.com/coffeehouse.
Yet another journalist to put on ignore.
Stonehenge itself was a tool, and probably a better example of a tool that has truly "died". We're not even quite sure how it was used, or what it was used for.
Not necessarily, for all we know the sole purpose it's architect(s) intended was for it to act as an enigma inspiring reverence and awe.
Speaking of which... they live in a desert.
Prior to European settlers moving in and stomping on everything, the Los Angeles basin was a savanna with oak/walnut woodlands and not a desert.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.