Correlation is causation.
The tides cause the moon. The correlation proves it.
Similarly, murder rates are higher in the summer, and ice cream sales are higher in summer months. Therefore ice cream causes murder.
I hope that was helpful.
Like others I found the headline confusing. I read it as "Researchers are predicting the use of Wikipedia as a vector for the spread of disease". This may mean that:
- Disinformation and ignorance are diseases.
- Memes and computer viruses are diseases.
- Wilipedia contains information that leads to depression.
- Instructions on Wikipedia lead to substance abuse.
- This is getting entertaining, fill in your own reason here.