Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment The real problem (Score 1) 334

is that while other companies have to prepare for disaster or have an action plan in place in case of disaster, oil companies do not. Impending hurricane? It might stop production of oil for a day or two, so we have to raise prices in preparation for that. Then even if nothing happens, they don't have to repay that money or put it aside (like any other company). They get to keep that as profit and then the next quarter earnings reports show "a record profit" It's bullshit. The oil companies should have money put aside for unplanned events (disaster preparedness) just like any other company has to do.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...