finally I can run a headless phone.
From the last weekly meeting of oneget developers I can tell that the chief developer wants to integrate oneget into the traditional Microsoft update UI.
Thats something very odd by Microsoft. I just think: WTF? Microsoft and Open source? and even more: Microsoft and open source that ships with windows?? Really, something has moved in redmond.
Simple. They control the nanodevices, so they control the apps to control the nanodevices. They add ads to the apps. They profit!
Yeah, the 99% are PC market share:
Flash has an install base of 99%. Of the 1% that don't have flash installed, there are some people (like me) who dislike it, but welcome the open web with all its new standards. So the people who have a worse experience (as they can't not install those 'bloaty features') are less than 1%. And even for you the situation improves. You can turn on and off everything you want or don't want, at least in firefox, in which there are about:config settings for most of the APIs. With flash you have a very binary choice. And for the other 99%: everybody who uninstalls flash is a reason more to have such APIs in the browser.
In their blog post, they pledged to implement opus for webrtc. Let's hope they also enable it for <audio> elements. But still I'm very happy about this, as perhaps one day I don't need a closed-source native application to chat and talk with my friends over skype.
ORTC can be seen as a microsoft troll of google, which has invested a lot of money into webrtc: http://bloggeek.me/ortc-webrtc...
With WebRTC, google has a head start. With ORTC, the bias isn't as great.
And speak with your hand in front of your lips, in case the AI knows lipreading.
"Under an exception in US law, buyers of sports franchises can use an accounting treatment known as goodwill against their other taxable income. This feature is commonly used by tax specialists to structure deals for sports teams. Goodwill is the difference between the purchase price of an asset and the actual cash and other fixed assets belonging to the team."
NBC Los Angeles has a non-paywalled summary here: www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Report-Steve-Ballmer-Could-Claim-1B-in-Tax-Write-Offs-For-Buying-Clippers-280466752.html?die/.betadiediediedie"
Link to Original Source
could you change the headline to "Mozilla launches
From its start, Mozilla has advocated for the open, transparent and collaborative systems at work in our daily lives. This is the next step in that mission.
Welcome to The Open Standard.
From the beginning, Mozilla has dedicated itself to advocating for an open Web in wholehearted belief that open systems create more opportunity for everyone.
From its advocacy work to web literacy programs, to the creation of the Firefox browser, Mozilla has exemplified the journalism adage, “show, don’t tell.” It’s in that tradition that we’re excited to bring you The Open Standard, an original news site dedicated to covering the ideas and opinions that support the open, transparent and collaborative systems at work in our daily lives.
We advocate that open systems create healthier communities and more successful societies overall. We will cover everything from open source to open government and the need for transparency; privacy and security, the “Internet of Things” vs. “pervasive computing”, to education and if it’s keeping up with the technological changes. The bottom line? Open is better.
This is just the beginning. Over the next few months, The Open Standard will open itself to collaboration with you, our readers; everything from contributing to the site, to drawing our attention to uncovered issues, to crowdsourcing the news.
We thank you for joining us and hope you will make us a regular part of your day.
Editor in Chief
The Open Standard"
is NSA now my backup service? Does this also apply for EU citizens?